- Displayed a PowerPoint Presentation summarizing the application and responded to questions from Council.
Mr. Veenstra, Blue Vision Design Inc., Applicant
- Displayed a PowerPoint Presentation.,
- trying to work with neighbours. trying to address all concerns.
lost all my notes!!!
Energy advisor and will meet step code requirements and rezoning requirements.
Responded to questions from Council.
- will plant new trees in place of the ones that need to be removed.
- sidewalk upgrade will include landscaping. will do our best to create a green landscaping environment. Fair sized trees will be planted. Lots of shrubbery and green buffer.
Tony Cuncun Kelowna Developer
- background from where they were last year. told by planning we must byproeprty next door. Purchased on Fraser Road, Made errors in public noritifacaiton form and filled out addresses improperly, when public consultation recorded addresses incorrectly. that's why we are here again as that is why we are here once again.
Commented about opposition, there is a lot of signatures generated but we have to pay attention to 50 m radius. Jocelyn court is within the 50 meter radius. three neighbours on Jocelyn court who are opposed but unsure how they would be affected. Main issue is with parking. biggest folks opposed is adjoining property owners. Noted neighbours who were opposed through his consultation.
- Urges Council to disregard those concerns that are not near this property.
- Intending to work with BC Housing to put up some affordable housing package for owners, nothing concrete as of yet but is the plan.
- Recently finished a project with IHA
- lived in Kelowna for 30 years and provided personal information.
Mayor Basran invited anyone participating online or in the gallery who deemed themselves affected to indicate they wish to speak followed by comments from Council.
Justin McMichael, 625 Fraser Road
- sent in a letter - made issues known to developetn in current form
- what is different this time is on the cusp of 2040 change.
- no real decisions of form and character, for us, it's part and parcel with the zoning. will be difficult to live by this, lose tree canopy in the background, raised concerns with loss of trees and to replace with smaller trees.
- visited 5 locations around rutland that are similar in form and character and they all have significant parking problems. spoke to tandem parking and they cause issues and will create on street parking. Will effect other streets.
- dealing with the applicant and are told they are doing things according to bylaws. feel like we are being forced out. a huge change there and should be better blended.
- spoke to 2040 OCP that are worthy of consideration.
Alana Kuzak, 625 Fraser Road
- raised concern with number of trees that will be removed, Douglas firs which is 60 feet tall, disideous trees to replace is not sufficient.
- Fraser Road located at top of hill, Jocelyn Court is below the slope and concerned about the slope. if unstable bank those living below could be affected.
- raised concern with parking concerns.
- raised concern with fire issues with new development.
- If this size development went in, Blue Spruce on corner of property, gives us privacy, approached many times, developer offered to remove it and if this proposal went in there is suppose to be laneway put it, tree route system, will we lose our tree? Do not want this tree to be removed.
- All signatures collected were those affected in the neighbourhood.
- hope council will seriously consider that this particular corner and with trees and top of hill not good place to build desnity.
- not the best development for this area.
Pauline Bonk, Represents Embacy Church
- adjacent to one of the subject properties.
- she contacted developer not the other way around, asked city for develolper for contact information. did not have time to meet with developer. No one wanted a 16 unit project go in on that property. Attempts to contact me were after she initially contacted him last week.
- referenced correspondence submitted.
- Responded to questions from Council.
- Sold property to someone in Alberta Company- we were unable to build what we needed Were gong to put a 3 plex on the property.
- want to work with the neighbourhnood, can replace with more evergreens whatever the neighbours are comfortable with.
- potential for flooding it will be engineered and will go into COK system. no fire risk, will have modern sprinkler systems by coode
willing to work with Blue Spruce so it isn't lost.
- No stability issues.
-reached out to Embassy church, unsure why she didn't recieve the package, advertiaed and signs on the property.
- Concerns about design, will do full landscaping package on this project, will not look at a big old property. density is not a far stretch and is modest. it is not a highrise. in defence of design fits perfect with this neighbourhood. many developments across the street is even higher. can address all other concerns at DP process.
- Responded to questions from Council.
Spoke to the Blue Spruce within will create a 2 m landscape buffer.
There were no further comments.